Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Weather Hindcast

I guess this really isn't that useful, but I was just wondering what the weather was yesterday? I figured you can just Google it, right? Wrong. Weather sites stay current, updating hourly. I just wanted the temperature from yesterday. The closest I got was a feature that let you see the last 24 hours of hourly updates, but what if I wanted the information from weeks ago? (I just tried that and was able to find the information on a blog not from a "legit" weather information site).

I really feel like this information exists, I thought the weather people kept all their information in some huge data base and like calculated the probability of future weather based on past trends. Maybe once the day is over weather information becomes top secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment